Jacob Phillips – 15+ years of coaching experience.
- 19 Conference Championships in Cross Country (Women: 2007-2018; Men: 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2018).
- Five-time NCAA National Championship Team Qualifiers (Women: 2009, 2015, 2017, 2018; Men: 2017).
- Kelsey Bruce – 4th at NCAA XC (2015), US Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier (2016, 2020 (21st)), 5-time USATF Championships Top-10 Finisher.
WHY AM I HERE?
Because Arthur Lydiard said that there are champions on every street corner, we just had to train them properly.
I believe that fully.
It’s important for me to share my knowledge and experiences and wise to continue learning and growing as a coach.
I believe that Lydiard got it right!
- Aerobic Conditioning is #1!!!
- Proper periodization; building to a specific peak.
- Consistent, high-end aerobic training!
- There are no short-cuts!
- As Lydiard said, Miles make the champion!
- The more you run the better you get at it!
- I am not a scientist. I believe in the sight-test and in the trial and error test!
I love running and have spent the last 15+ years of my life dedicated to becoming the best runner and coach that I can be. There is no doubt that if you approach my training with a great attitude and with the right effort that you will improve.